I love smoothies!!!
Now that we are actually getting warmer days, it’s about time we put our blenders to work for some fruity refreshments!
And who doesn’t like mangoes? We go through a box of Acapulco mangoes in just a few days specially if the mangoes in the box are just perfectly ripe!
We can easily finish 2-3 mangoes each in one sitting, babies included! So when I use them for making smoothies, I am actually extending the life of the mangoes in the box because I normally use other fruits to go with it.
Here’s a simple and delicious mango smoothie recipe you might be interested to try!
- 3 mangoes, sliced
- 2 apples, skin on & sliced
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 ice cube tray
- almond milk
- maple syrup to taste
- Crush 1 tray of ice cubes.
- Add about 1- 1/2 cup of almond milk or whatever milk you wish to use.
- Add the sliced mangoes into the blender . Blend until smooth.
- Repeat the same process with the apples and bananas.
- Add some more milk to your desired smoothie consistency. Blend.
- Add some maple syrup to taste (I use about 1-2 tablespoons or less, depending on how sweet my fruits are), then blend again.
- Serve cold!
Disclaimer: I don’t normally use measuring spoons/cups when I cook. Unless I’m baking of course. Cooking is more of an art. So when I cook, I usually just eyeball things. The key is to taste your food while you cook, and adjust your spices as your taste buds dictate. What maybe sweet for me, may not be the case for you. Hence, the lack of measurements on my recipes. I will leave that up to you. All the necessary ingredients (and tips!) however will be provided.