I’m a certified chocoholic! No doubt about that!
If a human body is made of 70% water, I’m 65% chocolate! And 95% of that is dark chocolate!
Recently, I’ve been making and
consuming big quantities of chocolate fudge. I just can’t get enough of them! I kid you not, if you leave those heavenly goodness in front of me, I can easily eat them all! It’s that good! I can’t remember how many times I’ve said to myself “this is my last piece” only to shove another one into my mouth shortly after.
I’ve made them multiple times already using different kinds of chocolate and different portions of coconut cream. I think our favorite was the last batch I made. It was sooo good I thought I died and went straight to chocolate heaven on every single bite!
It was creamy!
It was gooey!
It was perfect!
This recipe was inspired by a video post I saw on my Facebook wall. It made me really glad to be back on Facebook again!
I hope you’ll enjoy this deliciously rich chocolate fudge as much as I have been! And if you happen to eat A LOT of them, just tell yourself, dark chocolate, pure maple syrup, and even coconut cream are rich in antioxidants!
Also, since pure maple syrup is a natural sweetener, it is definitely a healthier alternative to refined sugar. And did you know that pure Canadian maple syrup has high levels of zinc and manganese, keeping our hearts healthy and boosting our immune system?
What about coconut cream you may ask? Well friend, most of the fatty acids in coconut cream are fat-burning, which is one of the greatest health benefits of this coconut product. It gives you energy, not fat! It also provides a good supplementary source of essential amino acids that can help fight aging.
I can go on and on why you can eat this chocolate fudge guilt-free, but I’d rather start sharing how you can make this, so you too can enjoy this awesome and easy to make dessert.
So let’s get to it, shall we?
GUILT-FREE (CROCK POT) CHOCOLATE FUDGE SQUARES
- 2 cups (semi-sweet) chocolate chips
- 100 g Lindt (Sea Salt) Dark Chocolate, break into chunks
- 1/4 cup pure Canadian maple syrup
- 1/3 cup + 2-3 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon (pure) vanilla extract
- sweetened coconut flakes
- Smucker’s sundae chocolate syrup
- Place the chocolate chips and the chunks of Lindt dark chocolate into the crock pot.
- Pour the maple syrup, coconut cream and vanilla extract on top. Mix together.
- Cover and cook in low heat for 2 hours until melted and smooth.
- Stir thoroughly with a whisk.
- Lightly grease a rectangular glass dish and place a parchment paper on top. (Optional: Lightly brush the parchment paper with butter to avoid the fudge from sticking to the paper when cutting).
- Let it cool down before refrigerating.
- Refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares.
- Top with chocolate syrup and coconut flakes before serving.
Disclaimer: I don’t normally use measuring spoons/cups when I cook. Unless I’m baking of course. Cooking is more of an art. So when I cook, I usually just eyeball things. The key is to taste your food while you cook, and adjust your spices as your taste buds dictate. What maybe sweet for me, may not be the case for you. Hence, the lack of measurements on my recipes. I will leave that up to you. All the necessary ingredients (and tips!) however will be provided.