Two weeks ago, we bought frozen Basa fillets. They’re huge! I think there were 8-9 fillets in a pack. The fillets are twice as big as the salmon fillets we normally get in the grocery store for sure. We had 3 of these fillets left from the last time I cooked so I thawed them before we headed out.
I was planning to bake them in the oven when we get home. And so I did!
This is another one of my kitchen experiments. This is so fast and super easy! And it has been one of my go to recipes for cooking any kind of white fish in the oven if I don’t want to fry them in the pan. In less than 20 minutes, supper is ready!
So let’s get started.
CRUNCHY BASA FILLETS
- Basa fillets (or any white fish; the thicker the better, so your fish will not fall off when you scoop them out)
- 4C Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- 4C Panko
- Parmesan cheese
- dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 heaping tablespoons of Hellmann’s mayonaise
- approx. 1 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and mustard. Set aside.
- Place the fish fillets in a baking dish in a single layer. Season both sides of the fillets with salt and pepper.
- Generously sprinkle the top of the fillets with seasoned breadcrumbs. To add crunch to the fish, generously top it with Panko.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and dried parsely.
- Bake in the oven for 15mins or until the Panko is golden brown. Turn off the oven and let the fillets sit in the oven for 3 minutes. Serve warm with the mayo dip on the side and with your preferred side dish! I paired this crunchy Basa fillets with quinoa salad. Check the recipe for that here.
Disclaimer: I don’t normally use measuring spoons/cups when I cook. Unless I’m baking of course. Cooking is more of an art. So when I cook, I usually just eyeball things. The key is to taste your food while you cook, and adjust your spices as your taste buds dictate. What maybe sweet for me, may not be the case for you. Hence, the lack of measurements on my recipes. I will leave that up to you. All the necessary ingredients (and tips!) however will be provided.